What's Should Be Inside Mineral Makeup
First and foremost it is important to understand that not all mineral makeup is created with safe ingredients. Always check labels and if not available, reach out to the company, usually if they are not being completely honest they are hiding something. Our Mineral Makeup is only created with clean safe mineral pigments. Mineral Makeup is safer because most traditional makeup's have dyes, fragrances and/or harsh chemicals that can damage or irritate skin. Not to mention, traditional foundations are more likely to clog pores resulting in unwanted acne. The ingredients might seem scary but I will explain them so you can understand there is nothing scary about it.
Words to Avoid
- Dimethicone - Silicon
- Cyclomethicone - Silicon
- Talc Powder
- Methylparaben, propylparaben, ehylparaben, or butylparaben (Paraben)
- Phthalates - Fragrance/Parfum
- Corn Starch
- Kalion Clay - Not harmful but very oil absorbent, which can result in dryness of the skin.
- Ultramarine Blue
- Titanium Dioxide
- Natural occurring mineral used to lighten and work together with Zinc Oxide to provide UVA/UVB protection. It is Non-Nano meaning that it will not penetrate the skin. It allows good adhesion while leaving you with a matte finish. Non skin irritant. Found in our Mineral Foundation and Mineral Concealer.
- Zinc Oxide
- Uncoated non-nano zinc particles that won’t penetrate the bloodstream. Natural occurring mineral found in the earth's crust, used as a soothing factor for your skin and provided UVA/UVB protection. Provides whiting color, coverage and adhesion. Found in our Mineral Foundation
- Natural occurring mineral used to give makeup the slip factor. Transparent powder can be mixed with Iron Oxides to create shimmer. Provides a smooth matte finish. Non skin irritant. We only use Mica that is substantially sourced. Found in our Mineral Foundation and Mineral Concealer.
- Iron Oxide
- Natural occurring mineral used to give color. Non skin irritant Found in our Mineral Foundation and Mineral Concealer.
- Licorice Root Powder
- Ground dried licorice root promotes balanced oil production and skin hydration. We add it to our Mineral Concealer to soothe and brighten inflamed and irritated skin, covering dark under eye circles, blemishes and unwanted marks. Non skin irritant. Found in our Mineral Concealer.
After learning what should and shouldn't be in your mineral makeup you can shop for non toxic clean makeup right here. Mineral makeup is hypoallergenic, lightweight and provides about a 15 SPF. Safe for all skin types. Few Mineral Makeup Tips:
- If skin is dry, exfoliate before applying and use a primer. This way the powder won't look patchy.
- Be sure to tap off any extra powder over the jar before applying to face.
- If using a primer or moisturizer under makeup, be sure to allow time for your face to dry completely before apply mineral makeup. No body wants a clumpy look.