No Bake Oat Bar Recipe
Getting the kids or even myself to find a satisfying and filling snack was a challenge in the beginning of our clean eating journey. Granola bars were my go to snack when wanting something a little more than fruit or veggies, but discovering they are full of process sugars and unhealthy ingredients. After looking for cleaner options I found that most clean bars on the market are expensive and with a family of 5 getting 4 sometimes 5 bars for 5 dollars is not in our budget. That means that snack pack is gone after just one use! One thing I have come to learn that clean living is expensive and finding ways to cut the grocery bill is important. For us the way to cut the grocery bill while still getting good clean food was to make things homemade. After about a month I had found that I really liked to be in the kitchen. I liked to create food from scratch, taste it and have it actually taste good! Watching my families face while eating the food I know is clean, makes me feel like I have a moment of peace in mind.
Upon my love for the kitchen, I began to start venturing out and trying to create new things, or I should say new to us! The kids had asked for granola bars for a snack and I was determined to make them while not having them taste like cardboard! After making this recipe once the kids and myself have fallen in love with these no bake oat bars. One of favorite things about this recipe is you can really create a new flavor each time and most of the items are pantry items that you have all the time!
Ingredients you can add:
- Almond Pulp if you have any leftover from making almond milk
- Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Fresh Fruit (Apples, Bananas, Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries or what you have in the house)
- Nut Butter (Almond, Cashew, Hazelnut, Peanut)
- Old Fashion Oats
- Raw Organic Honey
- Seeds (Chia, Flax, Hemp, Pumpkin, Sunflower)
Recipe: Makes a 9x11 pan size
- 1 Banana Smashed
- 1 Cup Blueberries Smashed
- 4 Strawberries Smashed or Diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1/4 Cup Nut Butter
- 1 Cup Old Fashion Oats
- 1/4 Cup Leftover Almond Pulp
How to Make:
- Gather the ingredients that you are going to be using to make you oat bars.
- Begin by adding fruit, honey and nut butter to a bowl.
- Mix until well combined. You want to smash the fruit and dice the apples. If you want to save time but create more dishes place them in a food processor!
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until fully mixed. This is where you will know if you need to add more oats or nut butter. You want a sticky finish
- Spread out into a baking pan
- Place in fridge for 3-4 hours or freeze for an hour.
- Cut and enjoy!
- Store the cut pieces if you have any left into a glass container and place in the fridge. Depending on what fruit you add really depends on the how long they last. Bananas inside keep for 2 days in the fridge, most others will keep for up to 5 days. We never have leftovers that make it past day two!
After you make them the first time you will be making them all the time! With this recipe you don't have to worry about them being the same each time. Mix it up, get creative and most of all have fun you might end up surprising yourself. Are you a oat bar fan, if so what are some of you favorite add in ingredients?
Hello welcome to MotherEarth Journal, I am Channon founder, creator and blogger at MotherEarth Inc. Encouraging you to live the best possible life without destroying our planet in the process! Real talk, honest reviews & educational information. Let's save our planet one swap at a time!
Check out my coupons and affiliated links here.